August 13, 2007

My Summer Reading

Hello again. Hope you're all having a great summer. Things are good with me. Quite good actually. I've been working a lot recently. Doing lots of driving. This weekend I put on 757 miles going to and from various gigs! Sarah and I are getting a little busier with wedding plans as well. We started looking at some honeymoon options over the weekend. The plan is to spend some time on the coast in Maine and New Brunswick but there's still a bunch of details that need to get worked out. I've been reading a bunch of fantasy novels this summer. I finished my second run through Lord of the Rings in July. A week or two later I got into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Then I read this book called The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I had never heard of it before but I guess it's pretty well known. It was great! Thanks so much to Linda for sending me a copy. And finally, I just finished my second run through The Golden Compass on Saturday night. I think I'll try and finish the next two books in the series before I start anything else. Really interesting plot. So that's what I've been reading. I have had a little birding time lately and I'm hoping for more this week. Migration's getting underway so I need to try and pick up a few of the birds I missed this spring. My camera hasn't been feeling well for a while so I don't have any new photos :-( Maybe a new battery will help. More soon I hope.