April 13, 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone. I had a really nice weekend. On Friday and Saturday I got to sit in with Nor'easter for a couple dances in the area. Great to see Cedar and Max again. Check out their website if you get a chance. I hear an album might be in the works for later this summer. Speaking of new recording stuff, I dropped off the final duplication master of Rawr! (GBR CD006) with Pat yesterday. I'm so happy with how this project turned out. You can get a sneak peek of the first three songs on our Bandcamp site www.andrewandnoah.bandcamp.com Check it out! Noah, Dana and I are getting together to do some planning for the next A&N Band album next week. I know it's a pretty quick turn around between recordings but I'm so excited to be in the studio again with the band. Yesterday I met Jay and we did some birding around Cayuga Lake. Wonderful day with the obvious highlight being an amazing and totally unexpected MARBLED (frickin) GODWIT at Montezuma...
What an awesome bird! #325 I believe for New York State. We saw a bunch of other nice stuff and I added twenty or so new birds to my 2011 year list. This morning I played in church. It was a fun band; eight people and it wasn't too clunky. And Sarah made a couple delicious chicken pot pies for dinner. So, that's my weekend :-)