April 05, 2011

Southeast Tour... almost done!

Well folks, Chris, Noah and I are are nearing the end of our big southeast spring tour. We've had 20 shows in 21 days so far. Chris heads back to NYC on Thursday but Noah and I are meeting mom in Richmond for the Springforth Dance Weekend before finally flying home next week. It'll be just a couple days shy of a month on the road. Things have gone really well though. We had a couple sets at The Suwannee Springfest in Live Oak, FL. Awesome festival; lots of great music. A few cool bands I'd never heard before: Surprise Me Mr. Davis, The Holy Ghost Tent Revival, The Galen Kipar Project. And Tornado Rider's live show was pretty awesome I gotta say. David Grisman's current lineup was pretty decent, Donna The Buffalo was great, nice to catch a few songs from Jesse McReynold's set of Jerry Garcia covers. Festival highlight for me was Danny Barnes... electric banjo and drums... hillbilly punk blues... AMAZING!!! Then there was some absolutely terrible jam-grass that I never need to be reminded of as long as I live. But all in all we had a great time. We've been filling the days with lots of dances and house concerts. Having fun, seeing friends. People have been really supportive and generous. Can't wait to go home though. Sarah and I have been watching old X Files together recently online. I'm almost done with season two. What a great show! Aliens and monsters and cover ups. Just saw this really freaky one about a cannibalistic town in Arkansas. Oh, hey... speaking of freaky... want to see some pics of these iguanas we saw down in the keys?And this is a pretty cool pic of an alligator...And this is a piece of pancake shaped like a whale (thanks Dana)...