September 07, 2010

Labor Day weekend

Birds first this time: Yesterday I saw a juvenile RUFF at Montezuma!!! This was a life bird for me and one I've been hoping to see for a long time. It's a beautiful and fascinating shorebird from Eurasia. I had great looks despite two Peregrine Falcons that kept flying around stirring things up. Too far away to really photograph unfortunately.

In other news, our good friend Gabi is visiting for a couple weeks from Austria. We all went for a beautiful hike at Filmore Glen State Park near Moravia on Sunday. Here's a pic of the Ziegler girls:
Anna, Sarah, Gabi and Becky
It was a great Labor Day weekend. Got to hang out a bunch with Dan. We all watched Pirates of the Carribean II: Dead Man's Chest a couple nights ago which reminded me of this classic YouTube video...