August 25, 2010

Fiddle Camp pics

Hey all. So quick birding update. A couple days ago Jay McGowan and I did some shorebirding at Montezuma NWR. We had a nice variety at the Knox-Marcellus Marsh (viewed from Towpath Road). Highlights included two HUDSONIAN GODWITS, two RED-NECKED PHALAROPES, over ten(!) BAIRD'S SANDPIPERS and a good assortment of more expected species. Also had three young Peregrine Falcons chasing each other around and five Sandhill Cranes. The godwits just dropped in for a couple minutes before flying off again; I think it was my first time seeing Hudsonian Godwits in flight. It's been a few months since I've done any real birding so it's nice getting back into it. I'm out of practice though; made a couple pretty stupid calls.

Anyway, last week Noah and I were on staff at the Kanack School of Music in Rochester for Fiddle Week. We had a great time! Here are some pics...

Noah, me, Jenna, Donal and MollyMolly rocking out at the staff partyThe terrible trio (be afraid!)
((no seriously... be very afraid!!!))Noah (aka "Captain Awesome") with his group TEAM AWESOME performing their modern masterpiece "The Epicly Awesome Awesome-Song"My group: Daphne, Hassler, Erica and RachelGood times at Ben & Jerry's after camp
"Chocolate, Banana, with Sprinkles.... yeah"
~Jenna Moynihan