November 26, 2009

Thankful

I am thankful for my family. For my close family, my extended family, my in-laws, my brother and his soon to be in-laws, all my friends who might as well be family. Especially my wife. I am thankful for music. For the expression of any and all emotions through a song. I am very thankful for my instruments. My still kind of new fiddle, my electric guitar "Jenny" and my banjo uke. Thankful for all those people who love and support me where ever I go. Who put us up in their homes, feed us, drive us around in their cars and stay up late dancing :-) Thank you for these little windows into your lives. I am thankful to have a job, and even more thankful that I can make a living doing what I love. I pray I never take that for granted. I am so thankful for birds because watching and studying them gives me a glimpse into an infinitely diverse and beautiful natural world that far too few people get to experience. I am thankful for turtles too, just cause. I am thankful for good food, fresh air, hot water and ice cubes. For forgiveness and a fresh start to every day. I am thankful for a God who "sees the depths of my heart and loves me the same." Have a very Happy Thanksgiving everyone.