September 30, 2009

22

It's been a busy week! I turned twenty-two on Monday. That's old. Not like really old obviously but still, it's as old as I've ever been! Things are good. I'm pretty happy with how the whole 18-21 years went overall. Looking forward to whatever this next phase is. It was a great year for birthday presents. Various forms of chocolate and iTunes gift cards... my favorites! I've got some great new music now. Yo La Tengo, Iron & Wine, Rilo Kiley. Sarah got me the brand new Mark Knopfler album and Mom picked me up a four disc Delmore Brothers box set! Also spent some time with our good friends Gabi and Peter who were visiting from Austria. They headed home this morning. Noah and I spent the day in the studio overdubbing solos and stuff. The rough mixes are sounding pretty good. Pete's got some tasty piano licks, Kevin's groovin on the bass, Kailyn sounds great. Of course Noah's frickin' unbelievable. So yeah, I'm getting totally psyched about this album! Working at Wilburland is always fun too. And tomorrow I get to go out birding with Jay for a while. It'd be nice to see some shorebirds. Still missing White-rumped Sandpiper, Long-billed Dowitcher, a few other common-ish species. Okay, I think I'll got to bed now. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!