May 01, 2006

Birds: I love spring!

I think it is entirely impossible not to be in a good mood today. So if you're having a bad day or happen to be in a less-than-good mood, you probably want to stop reading this post right now. Isn't spring great? All the little baby leaves are out on the trees. There are flowers and tree frogs and bugs. The whole world (at least the tiny little slice of it that I see) is just totally psyched to be alive. God is so cool! I mean, he didn't have to make spring so nice. In fact, he didn't have to make spring at all. Didn't have to make me either for that matter so I'm rather glad he decided to go ahead with the whole creation business after all. Okay, I'm beginning to ramble. This is, after all, supposed to be a bird post. So, here are some more-or-less recent photos of some more-or-less interesting birds.
Upland Sandpiper
Oswego County Airport

Great Horned Owl
Near Lake Ontario
Now these guys are still technically birds, they're just a little preoccupied at the moment with whatever it is that unborn baby Robins have as preoccupations. The nest is in the bushes right next to our house so once they hatch I'll keep you updated on their progress. There are only three eggs now so I hope the rest of them make it. My Region 5 Year List is currently at 136 but I should be able to add quite a few this week. And now I've put off doing my Econ homework long enough. Enjoy the weather everyone!
"We live in a beautiful world. Yeah we do, yeah we do."
Don't Panic - Coldplay