April 13, 2006

Reflections on the Dietary Habits of Noah VanNorstrand

While on the road in Lone Star State we had the opportunity to sample a variety of foodular substances. Now I've been adorning my pallet with sun-dried tomatoes, chicken tandoori and BBQ sauce for many a moon, but my brother Noah on the other hand is rather new to the ocean of flavorisities that await beyond the door of the nearest Wendy's. So I took it upon myself to compile this short "blogumentary" if you will, of Noah's recent, distinctly non-cheeseburgeresque meals. Warning: the following material contains graphic and disturbing images of food being eaten by a teenager. Viewer discretion is advised.

Here we see Noah enjoying an oyster sandwich in a restaurant at Fulton Harbor. Yeah, sounds pretty gross to me too.



This picture really captures the passion with which Noah attacked his Chicken Quesadillas at this small Tex-Mex joint in Kingsville. It was a moving performance.


A dignified portrait of our subject, nobly devouring his Grilled Chicken Sandwich and Clam Chowder. This meal was specially prepared by the renowned kitchen of... the Cabela's Outfitters Superstore in Budda. Huh?


Nothing like a good ol' BBQ joint in Austin to make Noah's tummy happy. Actually Noah hates BBQ. I think he just drank as much ketchup as he could to drowned out the taste.


This San Antonian ice cream bar offered Noah a tasty reward after a long hard day of sitting in the car. It was some sort of vanilla, chocolate, fudge type thing... very delectable I'm sure.


And finally, what better way to wash all of this down than with an ice cold, frothing glass of... um, apple... juice.
Yeah... Noah loves his apple juice.
And so concludes our tour of my dear brother's dietary habits. I hope it has been as enlightening for you as it has been for me.
Now if we can only get him to try some variety in headware...