February 23, 2009

Recent Happenings

I've been a tad bit busy this month. So first let me back up a few weeks. Noah and I had a blast at The Dance Flurry playing with Giant Robot Dance. There are a couple decent videos on our Facebook group page. Anna was home for the week which was fun. And Becky had her second knee surgery (which was not fun). Anna and I made her a poster. Seems like she's doing better this time around. Last night we watched Happy Gilmore with her. It's been cold and snowy for the most part here in CNY. I added a handful of new birds last week... Common Redpoll, Ruffed Grouse, Brown Creeper and American Wigeon. Missed the Thayer's Gull that was in Ithaca :-( But I'm looking forward to some time in CA next month! Anyway, this past weekend we played our first couple shows as The Andrew & Noah VanNorstrand Band. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! We're working with accordionist Rachel Bell and bassist Kevin Dorsey with special guest vocals by Noah's fiancee Kailyn Wright. Our friend Jon Rothwell got a decent video of us at The Oswego Music Hall on Saturday night. This is one of our newer songs titled "Samuel Mason." Check it out...

Sarah and I got each other some new music for Valentine's Day. Lost Photograph by Rob Burger (formerly of The Tin Hat Trio) and Bowmboi by Malian singer Rokia Traore. Both albums are amazing.