April 25, 2008

Busy weekend

This is a very busy weekend. Sarah and I have a ton stuff to do and barely enough time to run from one thing to the next. So naturally I need to take a few moments and blog about it all :-)

Our weekend started on Tuesday really. We met with Jeff and Krista Parrett in DeWitt for some pre-marital counseling. Then I drove back to Fulton. Wednesday I had a quick afternoon gig in Oswego and taught a guitar lesson in the evening, then drove back to Manlius. Thursday Sarah and I drove to Ithaca first thing in the morning. She had classes until 2:30 PM so I walked around the Lab of O and Sapsucker Woods for a while. Then we met with Laurie Hart and Stefan Ohlstrom and picked out some Swedish music for the wedding. Then we drove back to Manlius and went out for dinner in Cazenovia to celebrate our anniversary. Four years together! I am so lucky. Anyway, today is pretty full too. We're going to get our marriage license around 12:00 PM I think. After that I drop Sarah off at work in Mattydale and drive back to Fulton for a couple hours. Then I drive back to North Syracuse where we meet with the cake lady (I really should find out what her name is) at 3:30 PM. Tonight Sarah's calling a dance for some SU students near Westcott and John and I will be playing the music. Tomorrow we've got quite a bit of shopping to do in Syracuse (shoes for me, ties for the groomsmen, other stuff, maybe favors for guests - I can't remember) then I drive all the way to Oswego for a gig with Chestnut Grove at 8:00 PM. But I'll have to drive back to Manlius after the show for church on Sunday. Then Sunday afternoon is Sarah's bridal shower so I think I'll go see dad's play at the fairgrounds. Sunday night maybe we can relax a bit but on Monday morning we meet with our pastor to go over the results of this personality survey we took a few weeks ago. Then I'll probably drive back to Fulton but I'll have to come down at least once more for pre-marital counseling again on Tuesday evening. The reason we have to do all of this now is that I'll be leaving for another 10 day trip to West Virginia and North Carolina next Friday. Plus, Sarah will be graduating in a couple weeks and she's got papers, finals, tests, and all manner of hoops to jump through in her spare time.

You know, I try not to get in a habit of saying that my life is crazy busy all the time. Because it's not really. I've got a somewhat unusual job that requires me to travel and keep strange hours (and stranger company) but it's pretty manageable most of the time. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people always say that their lives are insanely, out of control, running around with their heads cut off busy *all the time.* If your life is really that crazy *all the time* then you should probably do something to simplify it. Or at least don't complain about it to me. All that said... I kind of feel like I'm running around with my head cut off because my life is so out of control crazy busy that I think I'm going insane and I just had to complain about it to all of you because I can't keep my feelings bottled up inside any longer..................

Whew, that feels better. Okay, I should probably get going now.
Wish us luck!