December 14, 2006

BIG NEWS!!!

Last Saturday Sarah and I took a day trip to New York City. It was amazing. We had a great time and, for those of you who don't already know, we came back officially engaged! Here are some of our photos from the trip.

That's a tiny little Statue of Liberty in the background.
Walking around lower Manhattan. People look so tiny.
Now that's a monument.
The 'castle' in Central Park.
Isn't she beautiful? I am one seriously lucky guy.
It was pretty cold all day. This was in Central Park again.
And this is Times Square.
The Empire State Building I think.
Check this out...
This is where I finally managed to propose: Rockefeller Center, in front of the big beautiful Christmas Tree, twenty minutes before our train left from Grand Central. And she said yes! It was wonderful. We were a little tired on the way home...
The ring is actually Sarah's grandmother's. I think we might take it in and get some work done on it this weekend; the jewler said it was too fragile for her to wear at the moment. But that doesn't mean she can't try it on a bit :-)So that's all I have time for right now. I've got more photos to post but I'll have to do that later. We're thinking spring of 2008 for the wedding, maybe Memorial Day. You have to admit... this was a pretty exciting Post #50. Take care everyone and Merry Chirstmas!